To help Techné provide an accurate evaluation of the project, please answer the following questions for each application:
- What version of PowerBuilder is the application based on?
- What is the search path that must be used in order to compile the project in the PowerBuilder environment?
- In case the project contains more than one application file (with the extension .sra), please supply the specific search path to be used in PowerBuilder to compile each application.
- What database server does the application use (include version numbers, please)?
- Does the application access the database directly, or does a middle tier mediate database access?
- Does the application access the database via stored procedures?
- Does the application rely on SQL statements created at runtime?
- Does the application rely on components deployed in EAServer?
- Does the application use EAServer in any way?
- Does the application use PFC (PowerBuilder Foundation Class) library?
- If used, what is the version of the PFC library?
- DLL's: are they used in the application?
- Do any of the DLL's supply graphical objects that sit inside PowerBuilder visual containers?
- Do the DLL's callback to the PowerBuilder application?
- Do any of the DLL functions expect arguments specific to the Windows OS, such as low-level window handles?
- Can you provide sources and documentation for the DLL libraries?
- Are there any technical constraints within your organization that would prevent us from using JDK 1.4 for the translated code?
- What version of Java IDE is your organization using, or planning to use? Please indicate as many as applicable.